Thursday 13 August 2015


Far and away the best treat of the holidays has been this absolutely fabulous production of The Railway Children at King's Cross. I've been wanting to see it for ages; it was previously on at the Railway Museum in York and then Waterloo. Well, you can't have a real steam train chugging through your average West End theatre.
You could feel your seat shaking every time it went past ...
(I'm already fretting about our half-term treat because I'm never going to be able to top it!)
I dabbed a tear when Bobbie cried, "My Daddy -" because I can remember the movie. But this time it's the fabulous set that's the star of the show.

Before we went in, we splashed about in the Granary Square fountains. Grown-ups, too. Yes, we were the people on platform 2 with wet pants.

In the morning, we went to this show at the National Maritime Museum. And one boy thought it was even better than The Railway Children. There is lots of Audience Participation.

Next day, I stayed at home with my feet up.

No comments: