Saturday 23 June 2012

I sat down on the bench, thinking, 'This is the best ice-cream I have ever had in my life. Ever. Ever. Ever.'
Then the woman beside me, who had shoved up for me, turned to me and said, 'This is the the best ice-cream I have ever had in my life.'
We had both chosen raspberry and mascarpone summer pudding ice-cream from here.
It tasted like summer 1976 when I had that straw hat with the bunch of poppies.
I wish I could remember who makes it. The young man who served me said it is made in Acton and that he sells on farmers' markets around London.

4 comments:

Magic Bean said...

Will get my m-i-l on the case- she seems to visit every farmer's market in London. And lives just down the road from Acton. I am sure she will know. Ax

Anonymous said...

No point in my thinking about it all the way down there then. I did once get married in Acton Register Office. 1966 I seem to recall.

mary said...

Highly recommended, Magic Bean. Might be called something like Sorbetiera ... I wish I'd written it down. Don't think I've ever seen them before.

mary said...

No, would only melt by the time you get it home ... sorry, Toffeeapple; does get a bit London-centric here.