Wednesday 10 November 2010

Being rather witless about anything technical, I've only recently discovered my stats counter which is now a source of endless fascination.
Whoever would have imagined that, so far today, there have been rather more visitors from America than the UK. (Why, I wonder?)
As well as others dropping in from Canada (hi, Darlene), New Zealand, Switzerland, Spain and Singapore.
This week I've had guests from Croatia and Argentina, Romania, Australia and Malaysia.
Not to mention Mrs Miniver's fanbase in South Korea and Russia. (Are they learning English? Or should I be worried?)
I wish I knew who you all are. Do you arrive by mistake and shuffle off quickly? Or stay here to browse?
Come on. Be brave. Leave a comment. Even if it's just, "Hi."
We don't bite.
Well, not very often.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm from the US now Mary! Obviously I am your biggest fan.

kristina said...

So interesting. I discovered on my Blogger Stats that I have four times as many British readers as American ones--despite the fact I'm actually American!

K x

mary said...

It was only a blip yesterday, Kristina. Must have been Rachel having a quiet day at the office!
It's all those exotic ones that intrigue me.

Darlene said...

Isn't it exciting, Mary! Your blog is one of my favourite places to drop by. Since my heart lives in England and I do not, your stories make me feel like I've dropped by without the seven hour flight. That we like the same books has been an extra special treat!

Rose said...

I have a sitemeter and occasionally do look at the map- it's amazing isn't it!

The Coffee Lady said...

Oh, it's a terrifying world. And the search terms they use to find you!

mary said...

Hello, everyone. Well, that didn't flush out anyone from Outer Mongolia, did it! But thank you to the faithful few for leaving a comment. And hello, Rose!

Heather Bond said...

Hello from Seattle! Great blog!

mary said...

Thanks, Heather. That's made my day!

Anonymous said...

Hello from Arizona! I just discovered your blog - I'm really enjoying reading your archives. Have a great week.

mary said...

Hello, nice to meet you! I'm afraid it is archives at the moment, I've been too busy to blog recently but hope I'll catch up soon,