Tuesday 13 July 2010

It was too hot to blog, too hot to sleep. So ...
I drank cold raspberry wheat beer in a beachside bar.
I watched a sunset of Tiepolo blue and celestial gold.
I propped myself against an old boat and read a biography of George Eliot until I simply had to put it down and splash in the sea.
I bought local gooseberries, cherries and strawberries from a proper greengrocer.
And a copy of Olive Kitteridge from the charity shop.
My ice-cream flavour of the week from the posh ice-cream shop was maple and walnut.
But I also enjoyed a Mr Whippy from the fish and chip shop.
And I mended the garden tap ... just as it started to pour.
Tonight the girl from the corner shop cafe was standing out in the street giving away enormous slices of Victoria sponge with cream cheese frosting ...
Oh dear, I really shouldn't. But I did.

2 comments:

Darlene said...

If it makes you feel any better, I wouldn't have been able to resist a slice of Victoria sponge on offer either! Besides, it sounds like you've balanced things out nicely with the fresh fruit.

It has been way too hot here as well. This afternoon my border collie hightailed it into the stream and just laid right down in it!

mary said...

Darlene, I have a horrible feeling that slim people have the fruit instead of the cake, not as well as!
But it would have been so mean not to help her clear her dishes at the end of the day!